MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME
PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES
Effective as of October 8, 2012
Optimum Installer is certified as a Trusted Download Program by TRUSTe signifying that the Optimum Installer application has been tested by TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's TDP program requirements including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. TRUSTe's mission, as an independent third party, is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions. If you have questions or complaints regarding the Optimum Installer application, please contact us at KITN Media USA, Inc., 5220 Summerlin Commons Blvd., Suite 501, Fort Myers, FL 33907or by email at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here. The TRUSTe Trusted Download program covers only the certified software downloaded from this site. It does not cover other applications such as mobile versions, Facebook or Twitter apps.
Groove Stream is powered by Optimum Installer which will manage the download of your chosen software. All selected software will be downloaded to a temporary directory and installed automatically.
The Information We Collect
Based on the Services you use, the information we may have access to, obtain, retain and use may include:
- Information made available by you in the course of normal use of our Services such as, but not limited to, the features of the system that you use and how you use them
- Information about your interaction with our websites you visit
- Information about any interactions you might have with our customer service tools and personnel about your use of our Services
- Other information that may be obtained based on your use of a particular Service or offering; and/or
- Information of a technical nature that may be gathered or received when you use the Services, including, without limitation, the following:
- The type of browser you are using when using our Services (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, and other browsers);
- Your means of connecting to the Internet (e.g., connection speed through broadband or narrowband access);
- Your operating system type, whether Windows XP, Mac OS, and CPU type (for example, Pentium);
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address and information about the version of any software comprising a portion of the Services that you use; and/or
- Any information that may be gathered regarding your geographic location and the domain name of your Internet service provider (ISP);
- Diagnostic information which describes how our Services are operating on your system
All of the foregoing information is collectively referred to hereinafter as Your Optimum Installer Information. We may also supplement Your Optimum Installer Information with additional information from other third parties in some cases. Additionally, those portions of the Services comprised of software have been configured to communicate to us any information relating to computer errors arising from use of such software, without providing any notice to you of the deliver of such communications. Such communications may include the configuration settings applicable at the time of the error. We use this data to help us clarify and fix performance issues with and to improve the software and the Services.
How Optimum Installer Uses the Information We Gather
Your Optimum Installer Information is used to
- Operate and improve upon the Services, including all constituent parts of the Services such as the software, the websites and the various offerings, among other things;
- Satisfy your requests for products, offerings, programs, and services;
- Respond to any inquiries, questions and/or comments you might have and to otherwise communicate with you;
- Research and analyze your use of the Services; and
- Present you with offers for other products, offerings, programs, features and/or services that may be of interest to you.
We will not share your Optimum Installer Information with third parties unless:
- You have given us your prior consent to disclose such information;
- To any of our parent or subsidiary companies.
- Such information is needed to complete a transaction you have requested;
- We must disclose some or all of Your Optimum Installer Information to authorized officers of the court in order to comply with valid legal process or to act in other urgent situations (as further discussed below);
- Such information is needed by a company that works for us in providing you with our Services, in which case they will only get that portion of Your Optimum Installer Information they need to help us deliver our Services and they will only be allowed to use that portion of Your Optimum Installer Information when we request it and pursuant to our instructions; and
We note above, but it is worth reiterating here, that Your Optimum Installer Information, as well as other information about you as a user of our Services, may be disclosed by us to those authorized officers of the court in response to valid legal process, including without limitation, a valid court order, search warrant or subpoena), as well as in other circumstances if we believe in good faith that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person or that the Services are being used in the commission of a crime by your or another third party. Furthermore, we may disclose Your Optimum Installer Information to protect our own rights, Services and property or those of our affiliated providers, in addition to providing you with the Services you have requested.
In the event that ownership of all or a portion of the Services currently provided by Optimum Installer were to change as a result of a merger, acquisition or transfer to another company, Your Optimum Installer Information may be transferred as well.
Web Beacons and Cookies
Web beacons or clear GIFs are relatively small pieces of code placed on webpages that can be used for a number of purposes, including counting the users who visit that webpage, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing that page. A cookie is a small text file transferred from Optimum Installer to your computer that records information about your preferences and use of the Services. We may also use such cookies to help us identify your location by determining your IP address, or to allow us to recall certain Service settings that you have chosen previously. You can control cookies through your browser's settings. However, if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of most our Service offerings.
Username and Password
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for third party services that are integrated with the Services confidential and secret. As such and for other important security reasons, we urge you to keep any such password secure and safe at all times. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you and you alone are responsible for the security of any username and password.
We Are Committed to Security
General Internet Hazards
Any time you receive files over the Internet from third parties, regardless of the application used, whether Optimum Installer, email or other application, you may be subjecting yourself to receiving harmful files or files that are not compatible with your operating system. Prior to accepting any files from any Internet user, including those from an account that appears familiar to you, we highly recommend verifying that the person sending you such files is the person you believe he or she is. You should be extremely careful about accepting files from users you do not trust, from users you do not know, or from users whose identity you have not been able to confirm. You should also be aware that communications sent over the Internet are not secure unless they are encrypted. Optimum Installer does not encrypt your communications through the Services. Further, your communications made through Optimum Installer may be routed through different countries which may have different laws, rules, regulations and standards regarding activities on the Internet. As such, Optimum Installer cannot accept any responsibility for any unauthorized access to your communications made through the Services or any loss of data.
European Union Members - International Transfer of Data
Our Services are international in scope. By using the Services you consent to Your Optimum Installer Information being sent and processed in other jurisdictions, including the United States and other jurisdictions outside the European Union and European Economic Area where there may be less stringent data protection laws.
Children Under Age 13
Our Services are intended for a general audience, and children under the age of thirteen are not permitted to use the Services. We do not intentionally solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We strongly recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask their parents permission before sending information about themselves to anyone over the Internet or receiving any information from persons unknown to them.
Who We Are
For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit http://www.netcoalition.com and http://www.privacyalliance.org. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Response Center offers a helpline at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) to allow consumers to make comments or inquiries regarding companies and business practices.
Attn: Legal Department
5220 Summerlin Commons Blvd., Suite 501
Fort Myers, FL 33907